Sunday, January 15, 2012

Vacation - All I Ever Wanted


So this week I booked my trip to Disney World with my sister and nephew, Will.
Now that it's finally booked I am SUPER Excited!
We are going for a spring break trip but mainly because my other nephew, Adam, is marching in the Disney World parade with his high school band. I haven't been to Disney World since I went with my high school marching band. Pretty cool huh?

I am working on another big trip for later in the year, a cruise with several friends.
I have never been on a cruise and I am kinda nervous about it.
First off I am a little worried about getting sea sick. Of course this is slightly less a worry for me since last year I went deep sea fishing and I was fine. But the cruise is 7 days, not 3 hours. Isn't everyone worried about being sea sick before their first cruise?
Secondly, I've seen tons of stories on news programs like Dateline and 48 hours where people go on a cruise together but one of them disappears! Ah!
Thirdly, this is the 100th anniversary of the Titanic sinking! People I tell this to laugh and say "but the ships they make now are so safe and are basically unsinkable" to which I say "That's just what they said about the Titanic!"
I was just talking to some friends about my "fears" at dinner Friday night, half way joking of course.
Then Saturday morning I got up and saw on the news that an Italian cruise ship had ACTUALLY wrecked and sank. People where hurt and some died! This did nothing to help me. So CRAZY that I was JUST talking about this!
Luckily the stories I have seen this weekend have included reasons why this probably couldn't happen on an American cruise line.
So I'm still planing on going in October and hopefully between now and then I won't hear of any other cruise mishaps. Bon Voyage!

No comments:

Post a Comment