Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Promise of a New Year


First off, I've been wanting to start a blog for a long time soooooo here goes nothing!
Please forgive any spelling or grammatical errors as I'm more of a MATH kinda gal.

I LOVE the new year! It always seems like a fresh start to me.
It's gives this year the chance to be the BEST yet, it gives us all a chance to be our best self.
It's in that spirit that we make resolutions. I think because it's easy to start something when you have a clean slate and haven't had a chance to mess anything up yet.

I have made a few resolutions this year:
1.  Get in shape/lose weight
2.  Get organized

I hear the fewer resolutions you make the more likely you are to keep them.
As of today I am on day two of my yearly New Year's Diet. (so far, so good) I have decided that I am just going to eat more healthy and learn a little thing called PORTION CONTROL.(I may have to look this up in the dictionary since I obviously have NO IDEA what that phrase means! HA!)
 I am also going to do some sort of exercise each day (another thing I have slacked on in recent years). I am planning to go to Disney World in the spring and would like to be able to walk around all day without getting too tired and my feet killing me. This is the first goal. My second goal is to get bathing suit ready by October when I may be going on a cruise with friends. WHEW! What an incentive!!
As far as getting organized, I started on this a few weeks before Christmas when I cleaned out a few closets and purged some old clothes. I still have a few closets to go through, but after those I'd like to reorganize my kitchen and computer room. "Operation Declutter" sounds easier than it actually is, especially when you are busy and hardly ever home. But, I am determined to do this!
Wish me Luck!
Now I just have to start with taking down my Christmas decorations! (Don't judge)

No comments:

Post a Comment